Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Final Day on Wisconsin Tribs

Well today Jim and I fished our last day on the Lake Michigan tribs in Wisconsin.  What a way to end the day.  We first drove up to Sheboygan to check out the Sheboygan and the Pigeon Rivers.  The Sheboygan was running high and very off color.  With the bigger river resembling chocolate milk, we headed over to the smaller Pigeon River.  Again, we were disappointed as we walked a lot of the river and saw nothing more than a few crusty Salmon.  So with the early morning wasted and wanting to end the trip on a good note, we headed back to the Root. This time we went to Colonial Park and started looking for fish.  The move south ended up paying off as a few big fish were brought to the net.  I ended up landing a 33 inch male Brown and Jim ended up landing a 30 inch hen.  My big guy ate a red glo egg, and Jim's ate a size 14 Prince Nymph.  Overall, it was an amazing trip. We caught a lot of big fish and a couple of species that I had yet to catch.  However, the goal of catching some monster Browns was accomplished by both Jim and myself and I am so grateful I was able to come on the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment