Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 3 in Wisconsin

Well today I hit three new rivers by myself as Jim had some work he needed to do back at the hotel. He was missed out there today. The photos from today are my best attempt at getting pictures by placing my camera on a log or rock and many didnt turn out well. But anyways, the day started at the mouth of Oak Creek, right at Lake Michigan. The Brown pictured below was sitting no more than 30 feet inside the mouth and took off out into the lake when he was hooked. Second stop of the day was the Pike River down in Kenosha. I saw a few smaller fish and swung some streamers but came up empty handed. So I decided to head back north to the Milwaukee. The river was flowing at over 800cfs which really was not that much, but made it difficult to locate the Browns that I was after. Instead, I focused on catching some Salmon. Most of the Kings were pretty crusty, so when I found one that still looked strong I couldn't resist. Tomorrow Jim and I are headed further north up to the Sheboygan and Pigeon Rivers in search for our last big fish of the trip. Here are some pictures from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment