Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Gunnsion Gorge

Over the past 3 days I had the privledge of rowing a raft down the Gunnison Gorge with some great people.  I was on one of three rafts and had an unbelieveable time.  I want to thank Angus Drummond for setting everything up and providing the opportunity to have such an unbelievable experience.  As far as the rowing and rapids go, the water was very low and the rapids were techinical.  I had not rowed in well over a year and during the first three rapids the rust was more than evident.  I just want to thank Darby and Kyle for not jumping ship after those three.  I finally got into a groove and started reading the water much better and by day 3, the touughest rapids came somewhat easy. The scenery and fish that exist in the Gorge are amazing.  Beautiful rock walls, browns, rainbows, and Gunny green water left me in constant disbelief.  The fishing overall was fair at best with nymphs being the best producers.  However, we did land fish on big streamers and dry flies as well.  I also want to say congratulations to Mike on his first trout on a fly rod.  Overall, there are really few words to describe the beauty of the setting and the fun group of guys that floated this weekend. Thank you everyone for making this trip one I will never forget.






No comments:

Post a Comment