Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Metro Carping

Today I had an a little time to kill and decided to go fishing here in Denver. After driving around trying to decide where I wanted to fish, I just decided to see if I could get into a Carp or two on the South Platte.  I chose a spot that usually holds a lot of carp, as well as trout, and begin walking the river.  With the flows being quite low, the fish were easy to see, but made them very spooky.  After several refusals to a streamer, I decided to try and put a San Juan and an egg right in there faces.  Finally, I got a couple fish to eat the worm.  After landing a couple of these Rocky Mtn Bonefish, I called it a day and came home.  In trout news, the fishing around the state is amazing right now.  The South Platte continues to see strong midge and BWO hatches.  Pheasant Tails and Barr Emerges are taking their fair share of fish.  The Caddis are really getting going on the Lower Arkansas, and Golden Stones are really starting to get moving around pretty much everywhere.  Take advantage of the nice weather and go fishing.  If you need a little help, hire a guide and help us get you into some fish and get a little instruction.  Below is a picture of one of the Carp I got into today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment