Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Early Spring Fishing at the Dream Stream

Well as Spring is making its way into the Colorado Rockies, the fishing is beginning to heat up.  Many anglers expected to see a large surge of fish moving from Elevenmile Resevoir up into the Dream Stream with the recent bump in flow. I have yet to make it down there, however, my buddy Tanner fished it a couple days this week and said there were a decent number of fish in the river, but not anything to write home about as far as the lake monsters.  The best bet right now is to wait a little longer before heading out to South Park.  The majority of the fish being caught and that are in the water are the cookie cutter 12-16 inch Cutties.  As April approaches, look for more fish in the 20+ inch range to move into the river. If you would like to book a trip targeting these big lake fish, give myself or Colorado Trout Hunters a call. Below are some pictures that Tanner emailed me.  Tomorrow, I have my first guide trip of the season down in the Deckers area and will post tomorrow evening with a report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment