Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2016

Spring Colorado Fly Fishing 2016

It has been a couple of months since I last reported on what was happening on our local waters.  Well the spring has been a good one, despite the lower than normal flows.  Along with getting the guide season rolling with some outstanding days on both the Deckers stretch of the South Platte and on all the waters available out in South Park, I have been a bit of a traveler.  Towards the end of March, my friends and I conducted our annual spring trip in Wyoming on the North Platte drainage.  Many fish were caught, and even more beers were consumed.  Another year with good friends that produced even more lifelong memories.  The following weekend, I ended up in Utah fishing the various Tailwaters the state has to offer for work on a large project I am working on.  The fishing in Utah was fantastic.  Plenty of large fish came to the net and we were lucky enough to get some great images.  But back to the matters at hand locally.  The South Platte has been fishing very good despite the low water.  Fish are eating hard on various BWO and midge nymphs.  I have been doing a lot of my trips on Spinney Reservoir recently.  Opening weekend was nothing less than amazing.  Lots of big fish to the net and happy clients left day after day with sore forearms and memories of drag ripping runs.  As the days become longer and the water continues to warm conditions will only improve on our local rivers.  If you are interested in learning how to target these fish or a Colorado Fly Fishing Trip during the spring and early summer give me a call or shoot me an email at tere5643@gmail.com.  Be sure to visit the website www.addictiveanglingcolorado.com Below are some pictures from recent spring guide trips.
colorado fly fishing trips

dream stream colorado fly fishing

Colorado Fly Fishing





No comments:

Post a Comment