Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

In Spite of Fire, Great Fishing Continues

Well first and foremost I want to thank my friend Eric Pitcher for letting me stay with him from Sunday to Sunday while I was evacuated from my apartment. Its always good to have friends you can count on.  Secondly, I want to thank all the firefighters and their families for the work they are doing across the state.  Finally, I wish all the best to those who lost homes in the Waldo Canyon fire.  I had a good friend lose a home and it is nothing short of tragic what has happened over the last week.   Now to the fishing.  Despite the fire last week, the week of guide trips went outstanding.  I will post additional pictures once a couple get emailed to me.  However, the ones below will show some of the great fish that were caught on two different sections of public water on the South Platte River.  Both in South Park and closer to Denver, the public South Fork and Private sections of the North Fork produced both big numbers and big fish over the last week.  Nymphs and Dries took there fair amount of fish and over the past week we landed 4 doubles! That is LANDED, we had many more doubles on last week as the fish ate voraciously. Below are a couple pictures from public water trips, and as mentioned before, I will post more when I get them emailed to me.  Thank you everyone for the well wishes and thank you to my clients over the past week for coming fishing with me. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://addictiveangling.blogspot.in/2012/07/in-spite-of-fire-great-fishing.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete