Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tour de Front Range

Well today my college buddy Austin and I decided to do some fishing.  We drove all the way down to Pueblo to fish the Arkansas River this morning and started out pretty good.  We walked to the river, found a good run and caught a few fish.  After landing a few 'bows we began to walk upstream only to find that every single run had a person fishing it.  So after an hour of walking around simply looking for water, we decided to head back up to Denver and just waste a few hours fishing the Platte in town.  We came to the first spot that usually holds some fish and right away got into a few solid trout before moving downstream in search of some Rocky Mtn Bonefish.  I found some and was able to get one to eat a San Juan.  Following landing the fish, we moved to another spot further downstream and I decided to strip some streamers just to see what I could move.  Again, a big carp inhaled my fly and took me for a 50 yd run downstream.  So while we did a lot more driving than fishing, we had a fun day out on the water and look forward to the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment