Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fishing Still Solid

This weekend I was able to get out with my clients on a private section of Tarryall Creek.  The property fished very well and some great fish were brought to the net during our afternoon half day trip.  The South Platte in South Park is still fishing very well on all stretches.  However, be prepared for big crowds.  Now I have to add my thoughts on something that has been bothering me on my last few trips to the Dream Stream.  I first will say that I have no problem with spin fisherman and this is not directed as an attack.  However, the other day I saw a gentleman land a fish on a spin rod and he played the fish almost to death.  Please land fish quickly!  Secondly, pinch the barbs or put single hooks on your lures and then handle with care.  Don't just rip the lure out of the fish's mouth.  I have seen several fish this year with mangled mouths that did not come from a sz 16 Pheasant Tail.  Just please be careful and take care of our fisheries.  Below are a few pics from our Tarryall Creek.



2 comments:

  1. Some beautiful fish! In colorado is it illegal to access streams at bridges and wade up or downstream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple answer is no it is not illegal. The only places it is illegal to fish is on private property or areas that are closed by the state. Also, on some rivers, sections of rivers where fish are spawning will occasionally be roped off.

    ReplyDelete